Thank you Jasmine!! Gabby left there very happy & she had no cavities. Your kind, gentle approach reassured her that She was ok during the exam and cleaning. She told me “you have great technology there” and who better To know that then An eight year old:) She actually went to school the next day and Talked about her new dentist! Now that’s a first.
Keystone Kids Club
The journey to good oral health begins with healthy habits. Participating in the Keystone Kids Club is our way of helping your child get off to a great start
Ribbit wants you to earn points for good habits and use your Frequent Flyer Points Passport for fun prizes! How many will you earn?
We know that coming to the dentist for the first time can be scary for kids, so our staff takes the time to get to know each child, engage them during their visit, educate them about their teeth, and give them the best dental experience possible.
Kids Earn Points With Every Visit
New and existing patients are invited to join the Keystone Kids Club! All children ages 3 and up are invited to join and are welcome to stay in the club until they lose all their baby teeth (generally between age 10-13).
Kids Club members earn points at dental visits that can be cashed in for prizes. With opportunity to earn points for things like no new cavities, losing a baby tooth, or simply arriving on time for an appointment – every visit becomes a fun visit!
Keystone Kids can cash in points for fun prizes:
- Consider making a morning appointment when children tend to be rested and most cooperative
- Keep any anxiety or concerns you have to yourself
- Emphasize the positive
- Talk with your child about visiting the dentist
- Never use a dental visit as a punishment or threat
- We will bring you and your child into our conference room to review paperwork
- You and your child will get a short tour of the office
- You both will meet with one of our hygienists and explore an operatory room
- You will meet the doctor
- Children receive a small gift, meet our mascot Ribbit and join our Kids Club
- We can often turn a Happy Visit into his/her first dental appointment
Please keep in mind some children require an additional visit or two until they are ready. We will not perform a first cleaning until we feel that it will be a comfortable experience for your child.
- We clean your child’s teeth and provide tips for daily care, discuss teething, pacifier use, or finger/thumbsucking habits
- Inspect for oral injuries, cavities or other problems
- Let you know if your child is at risk of developing tooth decay
- Discuss treatment, if needed, and schedule the next check-up
During the first visit, we will discuss with you and your child the best ways to clean and care for your child’s teeth. Cavities are preventable, and the earlier healthy habits are established, the better.
Tips for preventing cavities:
- Limit sugary foods and drinks, including juices (especially from a bottle).
- Avoid giving your child sticky foods.
- Choose nutritious snacks.
- Limit the frequency of meals and snacks, as the acidic reaction that occurs after eating can last approximately 20 minutes and lead to the destruction of the tooth structure and cavities. Try including any treats during the child’s normal mealtime, instead of later.
- We all must brush three times a day for about two minutes. Timing this routine to your child’s favorite music or song makes brushing fun! Flossing once daily is also recommended. Work with your child, and coach them in proper brushing technique until about age ten.
Ribbit wants to help kids keep track of their brushing and flossing. Download Ribbit’s Tooth Brushing Chart to help your child today!
More First Visit Tips
Before the “Happy Visit,” we recommend you help prepare your child for their first visit to the dentist by:
- Reading books about going to the dentist
- Reviewing what the dentist will be doing at the time of the first visit—examining their mouth, teeth, gums, etc.
- Speaking positively about your own dental experiences
- Try some education activities from the American Dental Association fun page www.mouthhealthykids.org.
Excellent first experience for my son! Keystone Dental made my son feel so welcomed.They gave him a special kids bag with gifts that he enjoyed! Cindy was great at explaining everything to him to make him feel comfortable and he really had a good time! Thanks for the caring service!
Felt like royalty!!! My daughters first visit was today. From the moment we walked in the door it felt warm & inviting!! We got a tour around the office. Dr. Christian did a detailed first exam of my daughters teeth & explained everything that was needed for her future treatment. I left without questions for the first time in 7 years of bringing my daughter to a dentist. it was absolutely a great feeling to have dental staff explain everything including what the cost are for her next appointments up front!! Thank you so much Dr. Christian & Staff for making us feel so welcomed & comfortable for the first time in years of seeing a dentist.
Always awesome! Going to the dentist is fun for our daughter, thanks to Dr. Christian and his awesome team! They really go out of their way to make it special for her. The rewards program is a great incentive for children as well. Thanks again!